Will there be a coordinator on the day of our wedding?
- Whether you are having both a ceremony and reception or just a reception, someone will be there on your wedding day to help direct your event. If you are holding your ceremony onboard, a Coordinator will be there to arrange the sequence of events. Back to top
Will our ceremony be private?
- For Spirit Cruises and Bateaux New York ships the ceremony takes place on the outer deck (weather permitting) at the dock, before anyone else boards, so it is private to you and your guests. The Atlantica is also private as it is a private charter yacht and will only be used by your group. Back to top
Is the ship private to just our party?
- Spirit of New York has four floors that consist of three dining rooms and an observation deck while the Spirit of New Jersey has two enclosed dining decks and an open-air observation deck. Bateaux New York has two separate dining rooms that can accommodate groups up to 170. It is most common for a wedding to rent a private room or deck since the room sizes vary. Renting a private deck is similar to renting a ballroom at a hotel, where that space is private but the entire hotel is not. The private yacht Atlantica will be used only for your group. Contact your wedding manager for details. Back to top
Will my guests get seasick?
- Seasickness is very uncommon on our vessels since they were built for this type of cruising. Back to top
Do you work with any hotels in the area for out of town guests?
- We do work with many hotels in the area and will provide you with a list of options. They do offer great incentives for our guests. Back to top
Is there more than one wedding on the ship at a time?
- Although uncommon, we can have more than one reception on the ship if the space is not privately rented. Because the ceremony packages feature private boarding and dockside time, we cannot perform more than one ceremony on a single cruise. Back to top
How does the entertainment work?
- We include a DJ with our private rooms, which will be hired specifically for your wedding. You will be able to fill out a questionnaire and work with our entertainment department on your specific requests and needs. Back to top
Is our deposit refundable?
- Your deposit is non-refundable because securing the space takes away the ability for us to sell the space to another group. Back to top
Is there a rehearsal before the wedding day?
- We typically do not have rehearsals since a Wedding Coordinator will be there on your wedding day to tell everyone where they should go and when to walk. If needed, a rehearsal can take place, but it is based on availability with an additional cost. Back to top
What do we tell our vendors about delivery?
- The delivery time must be coordinated between your Coordinator and the vendor directly to ensure safe and timely delivery as the boat is not always at the dock. Wedding cakes from a licensed caterer are the only cakes that we accept for delivery. Back to top
Can we bring our own decorations?
- Yes, but there are a few restrictions; you must have a private deck charter; no glitter, confetti or open flames are allowed. Votives and candles are allowed as long as the glass or container exceeds the height of the flame. You are more than welcome to bring your own flowers or purchase centerpieces through your wedding coordinator. All decorations must be removed immediately following the reception by the wedding party or a person appointed by the Bride and Groom. Any decorations left behind after the event will be discarded. While we are happy to help set up any simple decorations, excessive set up is subject to a fee. Back to top
What happens if there is bad weather?
- Our ships were built for cruising on New York Harbor. Rain does not affect our cruising schedule; however, high winds may have an effect. The rain location of the ceremony will be on the dining deck dance floor. Back to top
Can we bring our own alcohol/liquor or food onboard?
- No, as a condition of our liquor license and the Board of Health, we cannot permit any outside alcohol or food to be brought onboard and consumed. The exception would be a wedding cake since it is being delivered by a licensed bakery. Back to top
Can I put my wedding dress on after I board the ship?
Due to the size and layout of the vessel we do not have a bridal suite; however we do have a designated area for the bride and bridesmaids to wait. This space can be used for the bride to slip on her dress if desired. The private yacht Atlantica does have an intimate Bridal Suite that can be used for getting ready prior to the ceremony. Back to top
How does the boarding process work?
- Tickets are an essential part of our boarding process. Every guest must have a ticket in order to board our vessels. Tickets can be picked up at the ticket booth the day of the event by a designated member of your group to be handed out. Tickets may be printed and given to you prior to the event, however, a ticket release form must be signed and lost tickets must be repurchased at the full rate. A registration table can be made available for your party where tickets to board can be distributed. Back to top
Can our wedding party pre-board?
- For cruises that have a ceremony on board, the wedding party can board 30 minutes prior to the other guests. If your cruise is reception only, then it is based on the availability of the ship. Back to top
Do professional vendors need to pay for tickets?
- Entertainment Cruises will provide tickets for up to four vendors of your choice depending on the size of the event. More than four would need to be included in your passenger count and paid by you. Back to top
What if we have additional guests show up the day of our Wedding?
- If more guests show up than anticipated, we will allow them onboard provided there is availability. If guests are added at the pier, they are not subject to any previous discounts given to your group and must pay in full at the ticket booth prior to boarding with a credit or debit card only. The final guest count and balance are due one month prior to the event date. Back to top